Brac is one of the largest islands in Croatia. It is separated from the mainland by the Brac Channel, from the island of Solta by the so-called Splitska Vrata and from the island of Hvar by the Hvar Channel. The highest peak of the island is Vidova Gora (780 m) is the highest peak of all Croatian islands.
Brac has a good ferry and boat connections with Croatian mainland (with Split, Makarska and with Dubrovnik) and it also has its own airport. The most popular tourist place is Bol with its popular sandy beach Zlatni Rat.
The favourite tourist destinations are Supetar, Pucisca and Milna. An especially pleasant climate, abundant vegetation and beautiful beaches are a great bonus for people who visit Brac.
Brac hotel reservations:
- Bluesun Hotel Elaphusa “Located at the seafront promenade only 50 metres from the beautiful pebble beach and a 10-minute walk to the centre of Bol, Bluesun Hotel Elaphusa offers numerous facilities for an unforgettable stay.” Prices from â‚¬37 – Number of rooms: 306 – Check Bluesun Hotel Elaphusa, Bol availability
- Bluesun Hotel Borak “Situated near the walking path from the famous beach Zlatni Rat to the picturesque resort Bol, Bluesun Hotel Borak is only 50 metres from the pebble beach.” Prices from â‚¬43 – Number of rooms: 184 – Check Bluesun Hotel Borak, Bol availability
- Bluesun Hotel Bonaca “Set in picturesque surroundings with fragrant Mediterranean herbs and a lovely pine forest only 150 metres from the pebble beach, Bluesun Hotel Bonaca offers state-of-the-art facilities and impeccable services.” Prices from â‚¬50 – Number of rooms: 236 – Check Bluesun Hotel Bonaca, Bol availability
- All hotels in Brac, book here!
- List of all hotels on Island Brac
Hostels, Apartments and Private accommodation on Island of Brac:
- ‘Villa Sunce’Welcome to Supetar Croatia, Villa Sunce offers You a great budget accommodation in a unique and home-like atmosphere.-Prices from â‚¬13.00 – Check ‘Villa Sunce’, Island of Brac availability
- Mia CasaThe simplicity and charm of Mia Casa will definitely make it one of your favourite places to spend your holidays.Prices from â‚¬16.53 – Check Mia Casa, Island of Brac availability
- Villa AdriaticaFamily run, small Boutique hotel Villa Adriatica in Supetar, on the northern part of the Island Brac, offers superior personal Croatian hospitality and authentic local gastronomy. Villa Adriatica has only 22 personally designed double rooms, all with balcoPrices from â‚¬47.00 – Check Villa Adriatica, Island of Brac availability
- All hostels on Brac Island, book here!
Sumartin is a village and harbour on the south coast of the island of Brac. This is a farming, olive growing, tourism and fishing community. Sumartin has handy ferry connection with Makarska on the Croatian mainland. The village was established in mid 17th century by refugees from the coastal region of Makarska fleeing from the Turks. Therefore, even nowdays, Sumartin is the only place on the island of Brac in which the Stokavski dialect, or standard Croatian, is still spoken. The Franciscan monastery in Sumartin, built in 1747 and founded by Croatian poet Andrija Kacic Miosic, has its own archives and museum. The museum has recently been modernized and displays several Venetian Baroque paintings, unique hand drawn multicolored navigation maps and charts as well as medieval jewelry and ethnographic collection. Pre-Romanesque church of Sveti Nikola, with dome from 10th century, is located on hill Glavica above Sumartin village. It is considered to be the votive church of the seafarers, having maintained its sacral function up to now.
Milna is a uniquely positioned 17th century fishing village situated in a natural harbour at the western end of the island of Brac. Milna is located about 20 km from Supetar and has population of about 700 people
More about Island of Brac:
- Ferries to Brac Island + Comprehensive ferry listing for Island of Brac
- Camping on Brac island
- News and Articles from Croatian Islands – collection of news articles about culture, travel and art of Croatian Islands