Lika is a mountainous region in central Croatia, roughly bound by the Velebit mountain from the southwest and the Plješevica mountain from the northeast. Today most of the territory of Lika is part of Lika-Senj county and some parts part of Karlovac county and Zadar county.
Major towns include Gospić, Otočac, Gračac, Korenica, most of which are located in the karst fields of rivers Ličina, Gacka and others.
The Plitvice Lakes National Park is also in Lika. Famous people born in Lika include physicist Nikola Tesla, one of the greatest scientists and inventors in the world.
Lika is attractive at all seasons, in winter skiing time, while doing long hikes through nature that awakes in springtime.
With its forests Lika is a real paradise for anyone who loves quiet and tranquillity, a relaxing vacation, a place where a city man can satisfy his real curiosity, a thing he always long for. Lika is easy to acces from coastal Croatia as well as from Zagreb, the Croatian capital.
Accommodation in Lika:
Lika hotel reservations - Lika hotels: low rates, no booking fees, no cancellation fees. Save money! online hotel reservations in partnership with Booking.com
The reservation service is free of charge - At Find-Croatia.com you won't be charged any booking fees, cancellation fees, or administration fees The reservation system is secure and your personal information and credit card is encrypted. .
Best Price Guaranteed: We want you to pay the lowest price possible for your hotel. Should you find your hotel room, with the same booking conditions, at a lower rate on the internet after you have booked, we'll match it. Just contact us within 24 hours of booking, with details of the website.
Hotels in Lika (Plitvicka Jezera Hotels):
- Hotel Jezero, Plitvice, Lika ★★★☆☆
"Hotel Jezero *** is situated in the very heart of the Plitvice Lakes National Park, only 300m from the largest lake, Kozjak. The hotel offers 229 units, including 7 suites, 7 semi-suites and 5 handicapped equipped rooms." Prices from €61 - Number of rooms: 229 - Check Hotel Jezero, Plitvicka Jezera availability
- Villa Plitvcka, Plitvice, Lika ★★★☆☆
"Situated in a picturesque area, only a 15-minute walk from one of the Plitvice Lakes, the newly-built, family-run Vila PlitviÄka enjoys a quiet location in the village of Mukinje." Prices from €60 - Number of rooms: 12 - Check Villa Plitvicka, Plitvicka Jezera availability
- Hotel Bellevue, Plitvice, Lika ★★☆☆☆
Bellevue hotel is situated next to hotel Plitvice. It was built in 1963 and is recognizable for its interesting interior and exterior dominated by wood. The hotel offers you peaceful rest in unique natural surroundings. Prices from €50 - Number of rooms: 70 - Check Hotel Bellevue, Plitvicka Jezera availability
- All hotels in Lika (Plitvicka Jezera)
Hostels and Private Accommodation in Lika:
Lika National Parks
How to get to Lika
More about Lika
- Lika Travel Blog - regular update about Lika travel news
- Lika Travel Forum - ask questions and find answers about travelling to Lika.
- Map of Lika and more info - detailed map of whole Lika region
- Lika Travel Directory - more info and links about Lika
- Gacka River - river that crosses large part of Lika.
- Wooden House from Lika: - In Croatian region of Lika , in small village of Milinkovici, near Smiljani, it is still possible to see the sample of original rural wooden house called brvnara.... read more
- Village of Sinac near Otocac and Majerovo Vrilo - Wheat as a Tourist Attraction: Renovated mills, at which grain was once ground into flour every day, are considered by many visitors to be more than just an everyday thing, and they see in them true monuments, rather, to traditional cultural heritage....read more
- Nikola Tesla Memorial Centre and Theme Park : A memorial centre and theme park is to be opened in the village of Smiljan, the birthplace of renowned scientist Nikola Tesla, located near the town of Gospic in the Lika region, on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of Tesla’s birth at which visitors will have an opportunity to learn more about the life of this world famous genius...
- Lika - Velebit - Village Krasno in Eurovillage Project: Krasno, a village located on the high northern slopes of the Velebit mountain chain, is a unique small medieval predecessor place that in the past few years has drawn growing attention from hikers, cyclists, skiers and pilgrims. At an elevation of about 800 metres above sea level it is one of the highest inhabited areas in Croatia.... read more...