Dubrovnik is city rich with culture and history so it is listed in UNESCO World Heritage List. Dubrovnik old city was built in the 13th century and remains almost untouched to the present day.
There are two main portals to the old town, Pile and Ploce, both leading to the Stradun, the Dubrovnik’s main boulevard.
Tall walls surround Dubrovnik Old Town. Many visitors enjoy people-watching whilst sipping coffee in one of the numerous cosy cafes on the Stradun.
Dubrovnik has a rich cultural life that includes Dubrovnik theatre, several cinemas as well as Dubrovnik Film Festival and Dubrovnik Summer Festival, held every year in July and August.
Hotels in Dubrovnik:
- Hotel Dubrovnik Palace ★★★★★
“The Hotel Dubrovnik Palace can be found surrounded by pine woods and the clear sea on the beautiful Lapad peninsula, a few minutes’ bus ride from Dubrovnik’s Old Town.” Prices from €91 – Number of rooms: 308 – Check Hotel Dubrovnik Palace, Dubrovnik availability
- Hotel Excelsior ★★★★★
“Ideally located in the immediate vicinity of the historic old town of Dubrovnik, this internationally renowned 5-star hotel is a local landmark and an oasis of luxury and style.” Prices from €106 – Number of rooms: 158 – Check Hotel Excelsior, Dubrovnik availability
- Hotel Vis ★★★☆☆
“The charming and comfortable Hotel Vis in Dubrovnik is an ideal choice for those who like to relax on the beach, as it is located directly on the stunning blue water of the Adriatic Sea.” Prices from €45 – Number of rooms: 158 – Check Hotel Vis, Dubrovnik availability
- Hotel Lapad ★★★★☆
“Awarded for being one of the 30 most charming hotels in Europe, perfectly located on Dubrovnik’s Lapad Peninsula, Hotel Lapad features a superb pool surrounded by a terrace.” Prices from €55 – Number of rooms: 163 – Check Hotel Lapad, Dubrovnik availability
List of all hotels in Dubrovnik
Arrival & Departure / Getting to Dubrovnik:
- Dubrovnik Ferries – For most comprehensive lisiting of all ferries to and from Dubrovnik, check Dubrovnik Ferries @ CroatiaFerries.com
- Ferry Dubrovnik – Bari
- Ferry Rijeka – Dubrovnik – summer schedule
- Ferry Rijeka – Dubrovnik – winter schedule
- Dubrovnik Airport
Dubrovnik Travel News and Blog:
- Ask questions and find answers about travelling and visiting Dubrovnik – Dubrovnik Travel Forum
- Check Dubrovnik Travel News from Dubrovnik Travel Blog – a weblog about travel to Dubrovnik
Some additional links about travel to and around Dubrovnik:
- Map of Dubrovnik and surrounding area – includes islands too
- Peljesac Peninsula – large and attractive peninsula near Dubrovnik.
- Korcula INFO – travel guide to Korcula – an Island near Dubrovnik
- Mljet National Park – Croatian national park near Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Travel – guide to Dubrovnik
- International Film Festival – usually in May
- Tourist Board Website – web.tzdubrovnik.hr useful info about Dubrovnik tourism