TRPANJ - Peninsula PELJESAC - Dalmatia
Trpanj is a small town, once important harbour of Peljesac, located on the northern side of Peljesac Peninsula, about 11 km away from Orebic.
Trpanj is situated on the regional road passing along the peninsula; linked by ferry with Ploce. In the early days, Trpanj was built near a Roman villa of which fragments of mosaics and walls can still be seen in the old graveyard, as well as ruins of a mediaeval fortress that rise on the hill above the town.
Trpanj has it's church of Our Lady of Karmen located in the centre of the town, whith Renaissance altar and the coat of arms of the Gundulic family. Local Parish Church has neo-Romanesque - 16th century ornamented stone window .
On the very edge of the Trpanj worth to see is a small chapel from 1695 with a wooden Baroque altar.
Trpanj is surounded by nice beaches and pine trees as well as other Mediterranean vegetation and fresh water springs.
Trpanj related links