Croatian Cruising Statistics January to October 2007
According to the Croatian Central Bureau of Statistics (Državni zavod za statistiku – DZS) , Croatia registered during the first ten months of this year 592 cruising trips by foreign cruising ships, which is 8.2% more than in the same period of 2006.
This year, from January till end of October, Croatia was visited by 644.2 thousand cruising passengers (12% more than in same period of 2006) who spent in Croatia 934 nights (increase by 20.4 percent comparing to same period of 2006).
The most visited places in Croatia were:
- Dubrovnik with 523 cruising visits
- Korcula with 107 cruising visits
- Zadar and Split with 80 cruising visits each
- Pula with 55 cruising visits
- Hvar with 39 cruising visits
- Mljet and Ploce with 20 cruising visits
Cruisers were from various countries around the world – 140 from Bahamas, 76 from Italy , 64 from Panama, 52 from Portugal, 24 from UK etc..