Island of Korcula: A jewel box that juts like a thumb from the main body of the island, Korcula’s Old Town owes much of its architectural heritage to the 15th and 16th centuries, when it was part of the prosperous Republic of Venice. Narrow streets lined with medieval white-stone buildings spread out from the spire of St. Mark’s Cathedral at the center of town. Encircling the densely packed city is a 14th-century wall; sapphire-blue waters surround the entire isle.
Korcula is connected by ferry to the more popular towns of Split and Dubrovnik . Ferries would drop you off in Korcula Old Town. Buses bump along the spine of the island eastbound to Korcula Town, dipping past black cypress trees and terraced olive groves, with some hairpin turns along the way. Read about how to get to Korcula by bus from Dubrovnik .
On the harbour in Old Town is the Hotel Korcula, a Venetian palace with a loggia where you can have breakfast and look across the bay to the hills of the mainland. A 10-minute bus ride away, the small fishing village of Lumbarda has the only sandy beaches on the island – at the end of a red dirt path that winds through vineyards that produce a crisp white wine called Grk.
Enjoy a glass and dig into fresh grilled fish and octopus back in Korcula Town at Konoba Adio Mare.After dinner, go for a stroll through romantically lit Old Town. Pass by the city walls on the way to the harbor to watch the sky glow and slowly darken over the channel and the hillsides. Ferries to Korcula Island
Korcula hotel reservations – Korcula hotels: low rates, no booking fees, no cancellation fees. Save money! online hotel reservations in partnership with Booking.com
Hotels in Korcula Town
- All hotels in Korcula, book here
- Hotel Korcula “Enjoying a picturesque location in Korcula in front of the quay where boats from Split and Dubrovnik land, Hotel Korcula offers a unique view of the sea and is the oldest hotel in town.” Prices from €56 – Number of rooms: 22 – Check Hotel Korcula, Korcula availability + visit Hotel Korcula home page
- Hotel Marko Polo “The numerous possibilities for active and passive recreation make the “”Marko Polo”” hotel an excellent center for delightful stay. Consists of : reception hall, a restaurant, a cafe, an aperitif bar, a souvenir shop and a tv salon.” Prices from €91 – Number of rooms: 103 – Check Hotel Marko Polo, Korcula availability
- Hotel Liburna “This hotel is situated a few minutes walk from the center of the town, on the sea shore, surrounded by Mediterranean trees and vegetation. The hotel was built in 1985 with 83 rooms, 26 apartments, and in total 250 beds.” Prices from €70 – Number of rooms: 109 – Check Hotel Liburna, Korcula availability
- All hotels in Korcula, book here!
- List of all hotels in Korcula
Hostels, Apartments, Pensions, Private Accommodation on the Island of Korcula
- Vila Sole – Located in a seaside bay in the serene settlement coastline of Soline, 4 km from the old town of Korcula in Croatia, Villa Sole provides a peaceful retreat in tranquil surroundings. Prices from €19.00 – Check Vila Sole, Island of Korcula availability
- House Pomenic- Pomenic rooms and apartments offer studio apartments and bedrooms with private facilities, all located within Korcula Old Town medieval walls. Prices from €19.00 – Check House Pomenic, Island of Korcula availability
- Maria’s Place- Welcome to Maria’s Place, in the old downtown, next to Marco Polo street, the main cathedral and situated at the heart of Korcula Town! Prices from €20.66 – Check Maria’s Place, Island of Korcula availability
- All hostels in Korcula, book here!
More info about Korcula
- Korcula – Island of Korcula – Travel Guide – a comprehensive on-line travel guide to Korcula with all the details and info about Korcula visitor needs to know. This guide includes pages on Korcula art and culture, its museums, architecture and natural beauties, as well as info about hotels, accommodations and transport/travel to Korcula. There is a section on Korcula maps too – a very important tool for any traveler. Have a look at the large panorama photo of the town of Korcula and the newly featured artist of the month…..enjoy browsing!
- Korcula – Croatia – info page about places and villages on the island, Korcula archipelago as well as some accommodation offers, sightseeing, and tours around city and island…
- Accommodation on the Island of Korcula – list of recommended accommodation on the island and Town of Korcula – Croatia
- Photos of Korcula – 1000+ photos of Island of Korcula – unique image collection + Korcula Photo Gallery
- Map of Korcula and surrounding area – includes Peljesac, Dubrovnik, Lastovo, Mljet and Elafiti ISlands – Sipan, Lopud and Kolocep.
- Map of Korcula Old Town – map of Old Town of Korcula (large and detailed map)
- Korcula City Map – map of Town of Korcula – City Korcula Map
- Korcula 3D Tourist Map – good 3D map of Town Korcula and surrounding area.
- Marco Polo Apartments – Korcula – Accommodation in Korcula Old Town.
- Peljesac Peninsula – a guide to Peljesac – peninsula close to Korcula.
- Hvar, Brac, Lastovo, Mljet, Vis – Korcula’s neighbouring Islands.
Book on Korcula – Marco Polo’s Isle by Michael Donley – The Croatian Adriatic – the New Riviera. Surprisingly, this nickname is a good hundred years old; yet once again the area has become a popular destination. However, apart from guides and books of a political or academic nature, nothing has appeared in English for 25 years. Marco Polo’s Isle is thus a timely publication. In it the author offers an in-depth view of one particular island, but at the same time captures the spirit of Dalmatia as a whole. read more..