The island covers an area of about five square kilometres, with its length of 4.5 and width of up to 2 km at its max. Island has one village only called Lopud, a village that is located at the large beach in the bay of the island (see photo) at the northwestern coast.
The village of Lopud is the centre of Island’s tourist industry, with its restaurants, cafes and hotels. The inner part of the island is an area where large valley is located so that is where local people grow olives, vine, oranges and lemons. Besides tourism and agriculture, local people are also involved in the fishing industry.
Lopud hotel reservations – Lopud hotels: low rates, no booking fees, no cancellation fees. Save money! online hotel reservations in partnership with Booking.com
- Lafodia Hotel & Resort
Hotel Lafodia is located on car-free Lopud Island which boasts 1.2 km of sandy beaches. It features rooms with balconies overlooking the sea. The outdoor pool has a terrace with panoramic views. Prices from €98.00 – Number of rooms: 182 – Check Lafodia Hotel & Resort, Lopud availability
- Villa Vilina
The stone-built Villa Vilina is harmoniously situated in Lopud at the western end of the bay right in front of the sandy beach close to a medieval Franciscan Monastery. Prices from €120.00 – Number of rooms: 17 – Check Villa Vilina, Lopud availability
- Lopud Residence
Located right on the seafront, on the northern coast of Lopud Island, Lopud Residence offers air-conditioned apartments with unique views. This villa offers a shared terrace with a large pool. Prices from €115.00 – Number of rooms: 7 – Check Lopud Residence, Lopud availability
- Villa Pincevic
Villa Pincevic is located on Lopud Island, a 10-minute walk through the pine forest to the sandy beach at Sunj. It offers air-conditioned rooms with balconies and sea view, minibars and satellite TV. Free Wi-Fi is available in the entire property. Prices from €55.00 – Number of rooms: 4 – Check Villa Pincevic, Lopud availability
- All hotels in Lopud, book here!
Hostels, Apartments, Pensions, Private Accommodation on Lopud Island
- Pansion Pavlovic- We offer 4 double rooms, each with bathroom. Nice sitting area In the entrance of the guesthouse with a little library. Prices from €20.00 – Check Pension Pavlovic, Lopud Island availability
- Lopudski Dvori Apartment – Spacious, modern and well equipped with excellent air conditioning. Apartments are situated a short walk above the hotel and the balconies provide a stunning view of Lopud bay. Hotel and apartments share a pool. Prices from €35.00 – Check Lopudski Dvori Apartment, Lopud Island availability
- La Villa – La Villa lies on the shore of the Adriatic Sea, overlooking the Dalmatian coast, islands, and it is nestled in the Lopud renaissance harbour. Staying at La Villa is an idyllic ‘get away’ experience. Prices from €60.00 – Check La Villa, Lopud Island availability
- All hostels on Lopud Island – book here!
- List of all Lopud Accommodation
- List of ferries to Lopud Island
History of the island dates from the ancient times. At that times, Lopud was called Delaphodia – a greek version of name Lopud, as well as Lafota, later – the Roman version. At the times of Dubrovnik Republic (from the eleventh century), Lopud was part of its territory, so that was the historical beginning of Lopud being connected to Dubrovnik as its administrative centre.
Monuments at Lopud: The oldest monuments on the island are the ruins of a pre-Romanesque church of Sveti Ilija with its wall paintings, as well as churches of Sveti Petar, Sveti Nikola and Sveti Ivan from the same period.
There is also Crkva Svetog Trojstva (Holy Trinity church) from sixteenth century that is located at the very beginnig of Lopud bay.
Well known Franciscan monastery with its magnificent cloister built in late 15th century is there too. At the monastery, there are numerous art works in church of Sveta Marija Spilica: a polyptych by the Venetian painter Pietro di Govanni from 1523, a triptych from the workshop of Nikola Bozidarevic, parts of a polyptych by Girolamo da Santacroce, The Crucifixion, a work by a member of the Venetian family Bassano, the painting of Mary in a Wreath of Flowers, a work by a Flemish Baroque painter, the carved choir stalls from the 15th century.
Along the Lopud bay there is also deserted Dominican monastery, from 1482, built in Gothic-Renaissance style. Also, above the village are the ruins of the Duke’s Palace, a two-story Gothic structure with a terrace garden.