Island of Lošinj is an island at the very west of Kvarner Gulf (see its location on the map) It is one of the smaller island in the archipelago, divided from larger, Cres, by a small passage, connected by bridge. Losinj cover area of about 75 km2, 30 km in length, where about 8 thousands people permanently lives. Before Roman times, island of Cres and Lošinj where one island , when Osor channel has been dug , so two separate islands emerged. The north-western part of Losinj is steep and rocky, eastern coast is much more flat than the western and exposed to the bura wind.The island has a mild climate and evergreen vegetation.
Losinj has numerous bays with small villages built in them. Most popular among the bays is Cikat bay, that has nice beach, campsite and several villas and hotels. Island of Losinj used to be important centre of shipbuilding and sea faring, but in late 19th century become tourist destination due to it’s location ( close to Central Europe and Vienna) and mild climate. The central place of the island is Mali Losinj, which is allegedly the larges town at the Croatian Islands. Lungomare, the seashore walk paths, largely covered with pine trees, passing through bays connects Mali Losinj and Veli Lošinj, another place on the Island.
The Lošinj archipelago includes the island of Lošinj, as well as group of smaller islands, Unije, Ilovik and Susak, and also number of small and uninhabited islands where, in the summer, one can enjoy sunny solitude.
Losinj Island hotel reservations – Losinj Island hotels: low rates, low rates, no booking fees, no cancellation fees. Save money! online hotel reservations in partnership with Booking.com
Book hotel in Losinj Island online and save money: Find-croatia.com in partnership with Booking.com offers highly competitive rates for all types of hotels in Losinj Island, from affordable family hotels to the most luxurious ones. Booking.com, being established in 1996, is longtime Europe’s leader in online hotel reservations.
The reservation service is free of charge – At Find-Croatia.com you won’t be charged any booking fees, cancellation fees, or administration fees The reservation system is secure and your personal information and credit card is encrypted.
Best Price Guaranteed: We want you to pay the lowest price possible for your hotel. Should you find your hotel room, with the same booking conditions, at a lower rate on the internet after you have booked, we’ll match it. Just contact us within 24 hours of booking, with details.
- Hotel Aurora – “Hotel Aurora is situated in Suncana Uvala (Sunny Bay), 50 metres from the sea and the beach which has the international Blue Flag and 1.5 km from the town centre. Suncana Uvala is the perfect place for swimming, sunbathing and fun water sports.” Prices from €44 – Number of rooms: 404 – Check Hotel Aurora, Mali Losinj availability
- Hotel Bellevue – “Situated amidst a beautiful forested park at the Cikat bay, only 50 metres from the sea and 1.5 km from the centre, the Bellevue hotel enchants with is calm an peaceful setting. The beach is rocky with sunbathing platforms in the shade of pine…” Prices from €35 – Number of rooms: 226 – Check Hotel Bellevue, Mali Losinj availability
- Hotel Vespera – “Completely renovated in 2009, the family-friendly Hotel Vespera can be found surrounded by pine trees, 50 metres from the sea in the beautiful Sunny Bay close to Mali Losinj.” Prices from €40 – Number of rooms: 404 – Check Hotel Vespera, Mali Losinj availability
- Hotel Apoksiomen – Hotel Apoksiomen is situated in the center of town Losinj. Most of 25 room have a splendid view of the picturesque lagoon of Mali losinj. Prices from €58 – Number of rooms: 25 – Check Hotel Apoksiomen, Mali Losinj availability
- All Hotels in Mali Losinj, book here!
- All Hotels in Veli Losinj, book here!
- All Hotels in Nerezine, book here!
- List of all hotels on Island of Losinj
- Camping on Losinj island – campsites on island of Losinj
Getting to Losinj:
- Ferries to Losinj : Ferry connections to island of Losinj are from Mali Losinj to island of Cres – ferry Brestova – Porozina, Rijeka – Porozina, Merag – Valbiska and Ferry Pula – Mali Losinj – Zadar. From Italy, there is a ferry from Venice to Mali Losinj.
- There is also an airport on the island of Losinj. Airport Mali Losinj offers services of Air Taxi and Panorama Flights service – find all info and price at airports home page : www.airportmalilosinj.hr
- For travelling by bus around and to Losinj, see Losinj buses page here
- Check map of Kvarner
More info about Losinj:
Lošinj Dolphin Reserve adds to the charm of Island of Losinj. This is the first dolphin reserve of this kind in the Mediterranean, and offers various day trips to visit places where dolphins can be seen, as this is the area where bottlenose dolphins ( about 120 of them) are living. Blue World, the marine research and conservation organisation, that has it’s head office in Veli Losinj, runs Adriatic Dolphin Project . This organisation has it’s own museum / gallery of marine life and dolphins ” Losinj Marine Education Centre”, which is visited by schools and students. At the moment, they rn sea turtle satelite tracking programme – Sea turtle Calypso
Also, check official Kvarner and Losinj tourism authorities websites : www.kvarner.hr and www.tz-malilosinj.hr