Find Croatia » Topics » Balkan Travel: Montenegro, Bosnia, Albania, Greece » what are the nice places in Slovenia?
what are the nice places in Slovenia?
Anything special? are there any historical sites and musems?
You could try for example the lakeside town of Bled, which is located close to Julian Alps. The capital Ljubljana with its castles, cathedrals, palaces and museums is a must see too. For more information on destinations in Croatia, see some online travel guides.
I know absolutely nothing about slovenia, but I think this is on my list for a future trip! Castles and palaces sound nice to me Does anybody have any other recommendaitons for slovenia? Besides the capital, are there other areas worth visiting?
Does anybody have any other recommendaitons for slovenia? Besides the capital, are there other areas worth visiting?
The most popular Slovenian travel destination is its capital city, Ljubljana, which has a medieval cityscape consisting of charming castles, cathedrals, palaces and museums, but also good entertainment facilities and tourist services. Ljubljana is located near to Slovenia’s world-famous limestone caves such as Skocjan. Also Portoroz (Port of Roses) by the Adriatic Sea, or the country’s many charming ski resorts such as Kranjska Gora with its excellent outdoor sport facilities and other attractions such as Planica’s giant ski jumping hill and the rugged Triglav National Park are well worth seeing. Many visit also the famous castle of the lakeside town Bled, which is located close to the scenic Julian Alps of Slovenia.
As you all know that there are many best places for sightseeing in “Slovenia”,But out of those my personal favorite are,
1) Ljubljana – Very charming old town centre of capital of Slovenia.
2) Piran – Old mediterranean town with nice squares and narrow streets.
3) Velika planina – High mountain plateau with special huts and wonderful views of mountains.
4) Bohinj – Lake with neighbourhood that offers a lot of sport activities for nature lovers.
5) Postojna cave and Skocjan caves – World famous caves worth to see.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Grape and Wine Festival on Brac island
- Fishing Offices in Croatia
- Italy to Croatia Ferry Changes
- Ferry from Dubrovnik to Greece
- Brac island
- Ferries from Venice to Croatia